The Privilège clarinets are exceptionally consistent in tuning, blending easily with other instruments in all acoustic settings including symphony, opera, large ensemble, chamber and in the studio. The perfectly balanced throat tone area (E, F, F#, G) really shines, making the Privilège extremely consistent over the entire range of the instrument. Additionally, most notes do not require corrective fingerings to be tuned, and extra correction keys are not necessary for notes in the low register (E and F).
Selmer Paris A16PR2 "Privilege" Professional Clarinet
- Key: A
- Pitch: 442
- Bore diameter:14.60 mm/ 0.574 inch
- Delivered with two barrels (conical bore): 65.5 & 66.5 mm common to B-flat and A. Bore: 15mm.
- System: Standard Boehm N°1B (17 Keys, 6 Rings)
- Left-hand Eb lever
- Barrels, body joints and bell: Grenadilla wood
- Keywork: Silver plated Nickel Silver Metal tenon sockets (male + female)
- White leather pads with a metal booster in the low register. White Gore-Tex pads for the remaining body except for 12th key with cork
- Blue steel springs
- Two-color ring: gold-plated/matte black chrome-plated
- Weight: 825 gr